Friday, March 30, 2012

38 weeks, and baby has an eviction date!

We had our 2nd to last appointment on Tuesday. My mom went with me again because Theo couldn't get out of work. The doctor confirmed again that baby boy is breech, and she did the first internal exam per my request. Theo was due to leave Wednesday and I wanted confirmation that there wasn't any early signs of labor already happening. Turns out I'm still closed and baby is high, which means little boy has no immediate plans on jumping ship. Sure, I could still go into labor or my water could break at any point, but it still made me feel better with Theo leaving. My doctor said we could schedule the C-Section next week, but I asked if we could just take care of it today. I want to know when we will be seeing our beautiful boy! We knew April 9th was the earliest we could schedule, so I told her that would be a good day for us.

I hadn't heard from the office about what time the c-section was scheduled for, or if it was scheduled at all. When I called today, I found out we have a set time for 12:00PM on April 9th! It was so exciting to hear that we know when we will meet our son, if he doesn't decide to come sooner of course!

It's been a hard couple weeks between the back and rib pain. Trying to get comfortable is close to impossible throughout the day. I'm now sort of taking it as my labor of love. I don't get to go through labor like I had always pictured. I'm one of those people that thought it was a gift to be able to experience labor. Granted I've never felt the pain of labor, so my feelings on that may have changed had I had the opportunity to experience it. But I would have fought with everything I had to not have an epidural. The pain in my ribs and back gets worse by the day, and I get pretty moody at times having to deal with it, but it's also getting slightly easier the closer we get to baby day. We have just over a week!

Tonight is the last night that Theo is gone, and after he comes back tomorrow, I give baby full permission to make his entrance at any time! I was so stressed about Theo going on this Utah trip, and it so far has turned out fine just like Theo said. He's always so positive. So, I'll just cross my fingers that I sleep the night tonight (with the exception of probably 2 potty breaks) and wake up tomorrow ready for my love to come home!





No comments:

Post a Comment