Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weeks 28-29

We had our every 3 week check up a couple days ago. When the doctor measured my belly (fundal height), it measured 34 weeks instead of 28! This little boy is seriously going to be long. Our doctor said it doesn't mean I'll go into labor early or anything, it just means he's long/tall. She said we will have a sizing/position ultrasound at 34 weeks, which will give us an idea of what delivery will be like. I brought up my back pain issue. It looks like we're going to try a few more things; continue seeing chiropractor, get a looser bra, and try an antacid. But if those don't work, I'll most likely take maternity leave early. My work has been great with reducing my work load, and I may just switch over to working in the office to train new nurses, rather than working in the field. I love training, and I could use my pillow and heating pad whenever I need to. I'm also slightly anemic, so I was prescribed iron supplements. We talked to the doctor about our birth "plan." I quote plan because I know you can't really plan, babies have their own agenda. But we told her that we are hoping for a natural/un-medicated birth. She was pretty supportive, but encouraged me to keep an open mind.


How far along? 28 weeks, 5 days
How big is baby? Papaya on Friday.
Total weight gain/loss? At my visit on Monday, I weighed 150. That's 24lb gain.
Maternity clothes? I'm officially layering a few of my maternity shirts because they are too small. That's nuts!
Sleep? Still doing good.
Best moment this week? Our visit on Monday. I feel like we got a lot of questions answered. Also getting baby's area put together. It's looking really cute. And Theo set up our full sized crib over at his parent's house this week. It so pretty!
Symptoms? Another new one, heartburn! Yuck. But it's only happened once, so I can't complain. The back pain is still there.
Food cravings? Still loving anything sugary
Food aversions? None really, I'm eating almost everything
Gender? Still a boy!
Labor signs? Just a few BH.
Belly button in or out? Out... and shows through every shirt I wear!
What I miss? Hot dogs
What I'm looking forward to? Our 3rd trimester ultrasound 1 week from today! I can't wait to see baby boy again.
Milestones? It's the last week of 2nd trimester! Also, I may be wrong, but I think baby may be head down. But that's just based on the way the movement feels. I know he can still flip back and forth, but I think it's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment